International student travel insurance

January 1, 2010

Q: I am international student changing school and would need 1.5 months of insurance. I'll be driving across the country and would like to know does your policy cover the entire country or what states are covered? How does the short term insurance works?

A: All of the insurance plans listed at MedSave.com offer comprehensive coverage anywhere in the country (for U.S. policies) or around the world outside of your home country (for international coverage). You choose a policy deductible that you would pay directly to the medical facility and the insurance covers the rest, generally without any additional effort on your part. Almost all U.S. medical facilities would take direct assignment of the claim payment for this type of coverage situation.

With this type of coverage you would not notice any difference in the coverage procedures, treatment or claims handling from state to state in the U.S.

Get your free quotes

Are you currently insured?

We work with trusted
companies like: