International coverage for athlete

January 1, 2010

Q: I am looking for short term "bridge" ins coverage- does American Health Shield plan cover for international travel and also I am a runner, so would I get covered for orthopedics/ some physical therapy if injured?

A: American Health Shield is a popular U.S. health insurance policy that covers treatment only in the states. For international coverage a policy like "International Liaison" is recommended. Other options are listed on the same linked Web page. All of these polices cover ordinary and necessary medical expenses like orthopedic treatment of an injury and prescribed physical therapy. Under an international medical insurance policy it is reasonable to presume that the same treatment would covered treatment for an injury incurred overseas would be substantially the same as the coverage of an injury occurred a home.

Get your free quotes

Are you currently insured?

We work with trusted
companies like: