January 1, 2010

Q: I lost my job and group insurance almost two months ago. Will "limited indemnity coverage" satisfy the legal requirement to maintain coverage (without more than a 63 day gap) so that when I get a new job/group insurance I will not have pre-existing conditions excluded?

A: No, limited benefit insurance is not appropriate in this case. The appropriate type of insurance for your purpose is called "Short Term Medical Insurance" (or sometimes referred to as "short term health insurance"). Short term medical insurance is issued immediately online and gives you a Certificate of Creditable Coverage that is used by the new group insurance to determine your eligibility for full takeover coverage for pre-existing medical conditions under the law. For more information see the article "30 Fast Facts About Short Term Health Insurance" and other information at http://www.medsave.com/short-term-health-insurance.html. You can find all of the most popular and most reputable short term medical insurance plans listed at MedSave.com. Popular brand names are American Health Shield, Secure STM, Simple STM and Celtic STM.


Get your free quotes

Are you currently insured?

We work with trusted
companies like: