New York Graduate Student

KM | January 13, 2008

Q: My daughter began a Grad Assistant position on the campus of Columbia University. The position begins now and runs throughout the school year. She will be living on the Campus as a full-time student and living in a dorm. Her permanent address is in PA with us. She only needs insurance coverage from July 1 until Sept 30 because my employer coverage kicks in as of October 1st . Can I purchase short term health insurance using the PA address since that is her permanent legal address or am I forced to use a NY address ( her dorm) and thereby limit her short term options?

A: Use the Pennsylvania address because you will find a better range of choices with better pricing. Consider "American Health Shield", "Simple STM" or similar product choices listed at http://www.medsave.com/low-cost-health-insurance-listing/pa.htm 

Get your free quotes

Are you currently insured?

We work with trusted
companies like: