Child previously declined for health insurance

JT | August 23, 2008

Q: We have just moved from UK to Wisconsin after being out of the country for 13 years. We are able to get insurance for the family but my son has been disqualified to do a precondition of Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Any suggestions on how to have him insured?

A: Celtic Insurance is the only insurer in Wisconsin that will issue short term major medical insurance on an immediate basis for you son despite the previous "decline" from another insurance carrier so this is the obvious first step and may be the best solution for the next 6-12 months. This is high quality coverage at standard rates that excludes the coverage for the pre-existing medical condition. But most importantly, this insurance provides a certificate of creditable coverage that allows you to qualify for insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions at the earliest possible date.  Check with the Wisconsin State Children's Health Insurance Program known as "BadgerCare Plus" for specifics and eligibility for coverage for longer term.


Get your free quotes

Are you currently insured?

We work with trusted
companies like: