Value Med Insurance
Online pricing and enrollment page universal coverage
A low cost limited benefit health insurance provides first dollar coverage for up to 10 doctors visits and hospital charges with no deductibles or co-pay. Use any doctor or hospital; this is not an HMO or PPO. This insurance may be combined with other coverage. Premiums are paid on a month-to-month basis and this coverage may be kept for as long as desired (until age 65) or cancelled at any time. Benefits are paid directly to you in addition to any other health insurance benefits you may have from another policy. Guaranteed renewable until age 65. Pre-existing medical conditions are covered after the policy has been in force for 12 months. This plan is available to adults up to age 65 with a simple 3 question medical eligibility test. This health insurance plan does not provide full coverage for catastrophic expenses, but rather was designed to provide specific limited coverage for common medical expenses. This insurance is not intended to be the only source of payment for medical bills, but is usually used as a supplement in combination with other health insurance. Premiums as low as $36 per month for applicants under age 50. This is not major medical insurance or short term medical insurance. This insurance may be combined with high deductible HSA-qualified health insurance without causing a loss of tax benefits for the HSA.
THIS INSURANCE WILL NOT PAY THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF MOST MEDICAL BILLS. This insurance is designed to be used to supplement other health insurance or may be used as a stand-alone coverage when other insurance is not available or is not affordable.
- no deductible or co-pay - covers the first dollar of medical expense
- no PPO & no HMO requirements - no pre-approval required
- use any doctor, hospital or licensed provider - no out-of-network penalties
- pays cash benefits directly to you or your medical provider, always at your choice
- universal coverage; available regardless of previous medical history
- covers pre-existing medical conditions after 12 months
- renewable to age 65
- pays $75 per doctor's visit up to 10 visits per year (5 visits for all children combined)
- pays up to $250 per day for hospital outpatient benefits up to $1000
- pays up to $200 ambulance benefit
- pays $100 or $500 per day hospital benefit up to 365 days
- covers pre-existing medical conditions after 12 months (6 months in ID and NV)
- group coverage available exclusively through Value Benefits of America; membership costs $5 per month
- premiums cannot change due to your declining health; premiums are changed only if rates are changes for all of the same policy types of the state
- may be combined with other insurance including Value Health, Value Hospital insurance, Value 24 Hour Accident, Value Emergency, and Basic Health Insurance to increase overall amount of protection
- may be combined with a health savings account plan
- free e-mail enrollment support through OnlineAdviser
The monthly premiums for Value Med are:
|$100 per day hospital cash|
|children*||$45 covers all children|
|$500 per day hospital cash|
|each additional child*||$4.80|
*child coverage is not yet approved in all states but will be available as soon as approved by each state insurance department
QUESTIONS? 800-366-2467 PLEASE SEE THIS NEW ARTICLE FOR ADDITIONAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: "Value Health and Value Med Insurance: Additional Enrollment Support Information"
click here for Online pricing and enrollment - the fastest and most reliable enrollment option
|Sickness & Accident, Hospital & Medical Insurance|
|THIS POLICY PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS|
|* The benefits may be paid directly to the hospital or other health care facility if an assignment of benefits is made by the policyholder.
** Pre-existing conditions are those medical conditions disclosed or not disclosed on the application which were diagnosed or for which medical advice or treatment was recommended or received from a Doctor within a 12-month period immediately preceding the Effective Date of Your coverage. Any loss due to a pre-existing condition is not covered unless the loss begins more than 12 months* after the Effective Date of coverage. *The pre-existing condition waiting period is 6 months in Idaho and Oregon.
Wyoming Applicants Only - Your Pre-existing Conditions Limitation reads:
The policy will not cover loss resulting from pre-existing conditions during the first year that your policy is in force. A "pre-existing condition" is any sickness or injury diagnosed for which You received medical advice and /or treatment was received from or recommended by a Physician within the 90 day period immediately before the effective date of Your coverage, or the effective date of an increase in coverage, whichever is applicable
*** The insurer has the right to increase premium rates of all like policies in your state.
**** Instead of age 19 the following states have higher limits: Indiana age 24, New Mexico age 25, North Dakota age 22 and Utah age 26.
***** Hospital confinement must be medically necessary because of injury or sickness. Our definition of hospital excludes (a) a convalescent home, convalescent, rest or nursing facility; or, (b) a facility or portion thereof used primarily for the care of the aged, the terminally ill, drug or alcoholic rehabilitation, or primarily affording custodial, long-term nursing, convalescent or educational care.
|Please Note this Policy contains a 10-Day Right to Examine Coverage:
You may cancel coverage under this Policy or Certificate within 10 days of receiving it by returning the Policy or Certificate to Us. If it is returned for cancellation, we will refund any premium paid for your coverage. The Policy or Certificate will then be void as of the Effective Date and there will be no coverage. The states of New Hampshire and Oklahoma have a 30-Day Right to Examine Coverage.
|Underwritten by: Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company
in All Other States Except NY. Group Policy #GP2005
LA Policy Form G0551-LA, ME Policy Form G0551-ME,
MT Policy Form G0551-MT, OR Policy Form G0551-OR,
SC Policy Form G0551-SC, MD Policy Form G0551-MD
|Underwritten by: United National Life Insurance Company of America
in AR, ID, IL,KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, SD, TX.
Group Policy #UP2005, UT Policy Form U0552-UT,
AR Policy Form U0552-AR, OK Policy Form U0552-OK
SD Policy Form U0552-SD, WV Policy Form U0552